Saturday, July 28, 2012

80-100mm lens comparison part I

I received the voigtlander 90 app the other day and posted my first impressions.

As promised I started testing the lens against my other short teles. Since most of my existing lens collections are for canon. I compared all lenses on my 5DII. The lenses tested are:

Canon 70-200/2.8 (non-IS version) @85
Zeiss Jena Biometar 80/2.8 MC (this is MF lens with a shift adapter) 
Canon 85/1.8
Canon 100/2.8 macro
Zeiss vario-sonnar (C/Y) 28-85
Canon 90/TSE
leica 100/2.8 apo
zeiss planar 85/1.4
zeiss sonnar 85/2.8


LV (live view) was used to focus each lens at approximately the center of the image. Each image was taken in LV mode to minimize vibration.
A 100% crop from each of the marked regions are available for side-by-side comparison.


Compare images side by side.
Pick your lens from the dropdown list
Select f-stop
Select image area.
   
f/stop: f/stop:
Region: Center   Top Right   Top Left   APSC Edge Region: Center   Top Right   Top Left   APSC Edge












No comments:

Post a Comment